With schools closed in Southern California a lot of parents, including me, are scrambling to find things for our kids to do. I normally plan ahead of time for summer but obviously this is not summer and this was not planned. However, at this time, I am treating it as “summer break” and following my own schedule.
There is a lot of posts on Facebook about resources while children are out of school that I thought I would compile them all here on one page. I will add as they come up or that I find so keep coming back.
Last updated: 3/28/2020 10:30AM // New day new item
I don’t have wi-fi / internet for my child’s tablet, old phone or computer.
If you don’t have a home wi-fi connection you can use your phone to tether. Tethering allows you to give other devices access to the internet securely with a password. Here is a video showing you how to connect devices to your phone – This method does use up your data if you are on a data plan.
Spectrum offer internet to low income. I saw an image stating that they were offering free internet if you had a student, please call to confirm
- 150 Activities for parents that work remotely
- 101 activities for kids and family
- National Geographics for Kids
- 100 Activities to do at home
- Earn National Park Badges by mail.
- Frugal Fun for Boys & Girls, separated by age
- Instagram- Stevenson Elementary smART Start
- Youtube – Learn to Draw Frozen Characters Olaf, Sven
- YouTube – Lunch Doodles with Mo Williams
- Cassie Stephens drawing live 9am PST / 11am CST / 12pm ET YouTube, Facebook, Instagram
- GoNoodle for iPhone
- YouTube – Cosmic Kids Yoga
- YouTube – GoNoodle
- YouTube – Koo Koo Kanga Roo
- YouTube – Move to Learn PreK through High School
- YouTube – Kidz Bop Dance Tutorials
- Long Beach Unified School District – Ages 1 to 18 check for hours on their site.
- El Torito – kids under 12 eat free. Facebook & Instagram Please check since Governor announced restaurants are pick up / to-go only
- Free – Scholastic Grades Pre-K – 6
- Free – Khan Academy Grades Pre-K – 8+
- Free Trial – ABC Mouse Ages 2 to 8
- Free Trial – Leap Frog Ages 3 to 6
- Some areas Free – Starfall Grades Pre-K to 3rd
- PBS Kids
- Typing Club please learn how to type 😀
- Squiggle Park Reading Skills Ages 3 to 8+ and Reading Comprehension Ages 8 to 15+
- Long Beach Public Library Digital Library
- Macaroni Kid – 36 resouces
- Mommy Maestra Listing of resources and dual immersion
- Harper Collins Publisher At Home Resources
- From Totally The Bomb website, her links all point to Google Earth, there will be load wait time
- From Travel + Leisure website, famous museums
- Created by Facebook Bryan Shaw – Be A Historian About What Is Happening. English & Spanish